Starting from July 15, 2019, Umeå University researchers can publish open access at no cost to the author in Springer Nature Fully Open Access Journals.
In this national pilot- and consortium agreement the research funders Vetenskapsrådet, Forte, Formas, and Vinnova contribute with funds that cover half of the costs. Once your article has been accepted for publication, you will be asked to confirm your institutional affiliation on Springer's publishing platform. Based on the information you provide, Springer sends a request to the University Library to check eligibility, and the team for Publishing and Scholarly Services will verify your affiliation before publication.
- The corresponding author must be affiliated with Umeå University
- State your affiliation with (a department at) Umeå University and use your University e-mail
- Applies to Springer Nature's open access journals
Imprints included in the agreement:
- BioMed Central (BMC) (313 journals)
- Springer Open Journals (216 journals)
- Nature Research (46 journals, incl. Nature Communications and Scientific Reports)
Palgrave Macmillan (1 journal)
Open access agreements for Sweden(information and list of journals included in the agreement)