The Medical Library is one of four libraries that constitutes Umeå University Library. MB is located within the hospital area and here you find books, journals and other resources in medicine, odontology, nursing, physiotherapy and occupational therapy. MB is mainly intended for students and staff at the Faculty of Medicine and Västerbotten county council (VLL), but is also open to patients and the public. In the library's bright and open space there are many study areas and computer workstations as well as ten bookable group study rooms.
The unit is in charge of:
- Selecting, compiling and developing the collections at the Medical Library (MB) in both printed and electronic format.
- Textbooks for courses within the Faculty of Medicine.
- User education and contacts with departments and clinics within the Faculty of Medicine as well as Västerbotten County Council (VLL).
- Local loans, interlibrary loans and duty at the circulation desk at MB.
- Design of and service in the public areas of the library.
- Maintenance of the public computers at MB.
Staff at the Medical Library